👉 Last update: February 2020
Estimator is a simple Software As A Service (SAAS) tool that offers real-time estimations for remote teams and synchronization with Atlassian Jira (Services). You can find more information on our Website estimator.whybug.com.
What personal data is collected and for what purpose?
Estimator practices "Datensparsamkeit" – the German word for only collecting the minimum information needed. The following data is collected:
- Name from Atlassian Account: Used to show the names of team members while using Estimator. This data is removed automatically within 2 hours after the estimation session has ended.
- Profile picture from Atlassian Account: Used to show profile pictures of team members while using Estimator. This data is removed automatically within 2 hours after the estimation session has ended.
- Business VAT number: To determine VAT and correct invoices. This data is forwarded to Stripe, my payment processor, for tax purposes. Estimator doesn't store VAT numbers.
- Financial email address: If you chose to send an invoice to an additional email address(es) this email address is stored.
- Credit card information: If you pay with a credit card, Stripe, my payment processor will get this information. Estimator doesn't receive or store any payment information directly.
- Owner name and email address: To contact the owner of the account. Emails sent are strictly transactional. Mailgun receives your email address to send transactional emails on behalf of Estimator.
- Log data: This may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, cookies, and other details. This data is used for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve Estimator.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Estimator with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or start a subscription for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Estimator may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Atlassian: When logging in with Atlassian, your profile (name, profile picture) is received. This data is removed automatically within 2 hours after the estimation session has ended.
What are your data protection rights?
Estimator would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Estimator for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Estimator correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Estimator to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Estimator erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Estimator restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Estimator’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Estimator transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
How is your data protected?
All personal data Estimator processes are protected from unauthorized and unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use, and destruction. For instance, I take among other things the following technical and organizational measures to protect your data:
- Only data that is needed for Estimator is stored.
- Atlassian access credentials are not stored permanently.
- Security of our network connections through TLS.
- The (access to) data is secured with passwords and two-factor authentication.
- Estimator runs on servers at Gigalixir, a managed hosting provider that takes care of keeping systems updated and secure. The data entered into Estimator is hosted with Google Cloud in Belgium.
- Estimator uses Scalingo as a database hoster which takes care of database security and encrypts the database at rest.
- Bot and hacker protection by CloudFlare
Estimator is software running on the internet, and while I do my best to keep it secure, getting hacked is not outside the realm of possibility.
Estimator uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are essential to the operation of Estimator. They allow you to navigate through Estimator and to use the functions incorporated in it.
- Tracking cookies: Tracking-cookies monitor the click and surf behavior. Using these cookies, we can see whether and when you look at your profile and whether you click through to Estimator. For more information about cookie tracking and how you can opt-out to these cookies, you can use Your Online Choices.
If you do not want cookies to be sent to your computer, you can change this in the cookie settings of your browser. Please note that some of the functions or services of Estimator may not operate, or not so well, without cookies. If you want to opt-out from tracking cookies, click here:
The traffic to Estimator runs via Cloudflare. Cloudflare sets cookies. These cookies are used by Cloudflare to distinguish users who use a shared IP address to verify requests.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to this policy
Estimator is made by:
Data Protection Officer: Adrian Philipp
E-Mail: [email protected]
VAT Number: NL003126367B45